GEC 2017 will take place in the heartbeat of South Africa, in Johannesburg — a budding startup hub that is both an economic and cultural point of the country — which promises to build on the successes of previous host cities: Medellín, Milan, Moscow, Rio de Janeiro, Liverpool, Shanghai, Dubai and Kansas City where it was launched in 2009 by the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation.
- Innovative entrepreneurship education and support programs to create that entrepreneurial mindset necessary to accelerate the growth of high-potential startups.
- The power of data to serve as both a fuel for entrepreneurs as well as guide to shape the policies that help them flourish.
- How startups are beginning to solve major global challenges such as with food and water.
- Identifying new trends in increasing the availability of early stage capital.
- Exploring efforts to unleash the untapped potential of women and youth; and more.